Faith Birmingham has been named Valedictorian, and Nate Smith has been named Salutatorian of the West Side High School Class of 2019.
Miss Birmingham, daughter of Derreck and Teresa Birmingham of Greers Ferry, has a 4.00 grade-point average with an unblemished transcript. She plans to attend Central Baptist College in Conway and major in secondary Social Studies Education to become a high school history teacher.
Mr. Smith, son of Ken and Debbie Smith of Higden, has a 3.91 gpa He plans to attend Arkansas Tech University at Russellville and major in Information Systems to become a data analyst.
Honor Graduates must earn a minimum 3.5 GPA and take a one credit of foreign language and either AP or college coursework; the top two are recognized as Valedictorian and Salutatorian.Remaining Honor Graduates in the class are:
- Lillie Potter, daughter of Robert and April Harris of Little Rock, who plans to attend Arkansas State University at Beebe’s Heber Springs campus. She plans to major in health sciences to become a diagnostic medical sonographer.
- Arielle Ramsey, daughter of Lori and Phillip Ramsey of Greers Ferry, who plans to attend ATU. She plans to major in graphic design to become a graphic designer.
- Logan Smith, daughter of Barbara Ellis of Davison, Mich., and David Smith of Bartlett, Tenn., who plans to attend the University of Central Arkansas at Conway. She plans to double-major in sociology and psychology to become a therapist.
- Sarah Tate, daughter of Jamey and Traci Tate of Greers Ferry and Amanda Parker of Batesville, who plans to attend the UA Community College in Batesville. She plans to major in criminal justice and social work to become a social worker.
- Emily Akers, daughter of Stacy Akers of Greers Ferry, who plans to attend ATU. She plans to major in rehabilitation science to become an occupational therapist.
The public is invited to celebrate commencement exercises at 7 p.m. Friday at Brady-Hipp Arena.